Music Spotlight - Mapei (Don't wait).


Watching and listening to Mapei's Don't wait got me falling in love with my husband all over again. Its got this soulful sound and phenomenal words that I find absolutely refreshing and inspiring. It is about friendship!
  Who does that?
When was the last time you heard a mainstream artist put out any meaningful music out there. Or rather, what's the ratio of crap music to music that has some substance? Its more often than not usually about sex, booties and their calls, violence, drugs and terrible financial sense. Crap music that reflects the level of deprecation, selfishness and narrow-mindedness of some artists. Sometimes I ask myself if sex is the only theme these artists can come up with in their songs, or why it has to be represented in such an uncomfortable degree of details. For people so talented, they lack that power to awe. And don't mistake it with the shock that comes upon you when you see what some artist wear or 'don't wear' for events. Its the same old junk.
While some artists were busy working on their next junk factor, others were making soulful music that leaves you inspired. Mapei's don't wait stimulates that feeling of appreciation; of people, relationships, and friendships. This is my first time seeing and hearing a music from her, and lets just say, I am really looking forward to more (I just pray it continues to have the value this has and more). 


Lyrics;
Old friend indeed, come build me up 
Come shed your light, it makes me shine 
You get the message, don't you ever forget it,
 Let's laugh & cry until we die!

 If it wasn't for you, I'd be alone 
If it wasn't for you, I'd be on my own 
Don't wait til I do wrong
Don't wait til I put up a fight 
You won my HEART without a question 
Don't wait for a lie!! 

Hey, I care for you, I talk to you in my deepest dreams, unfortunate 
We got a friendship, no one can contest it 
And not to mention, I respect YOU with my all
If it wasn't for you, I'd be alone 
If it wasn't for you, I have to hold my own
Don't wait til I do wrong 
Don't wait til I put up a fight 
You won my heart without a question 
Don't wait for a lie!! 

NOT A THING in the world could get between what we share 
NO MATTER WHERE you at, no worry I'll be there 
No one's got your back like a do
 Even when the business not going well, we still do 
WHEN I SHINE, YOU SHINE no ways on your side 
All my life you'll have what's mine
Mark my word, we gon' be alright
MY BROTHER, MY SISTER we gon' be just fine! 

Hey, If it wasn't for you, I'd be alone 
Hey, If it wasn't for you, I'd be on my own 
Don't wait til I do wrong 
Don't wait til I put up a fight 
You won my heart without a question 
Don't wait for a lie!! 

Just like friends, music touches the soul; let the good ones in and leave the bad ones out.
♥ ♥ ♥

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Love to hear from you; you can contact me via my mail, uz.atphenomenal@gmail.com